an independent imprint
That which is creative must create itself.
— John Keats
All works of art are based upon personal vision,
and the greater the art, the more surprising the vision.
– William Butler Yeats
Poietikos Editions is founded on the following beliefs:
- For literary-minded people, writing books is not a business but an art.
- Some kinds of book – novellas certainly, and suites of lyric poems – must be published independently, because the marketplace ignores them.
- A worthy book creates its readership – if not today, tomorrow.
- The author makes the work and should not compromise in its production.
- The only way to judge a literary book is to peruse it as a work of art.
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
available in book stores
or online at www.poietikoseditions.com